Take back your business name used by someone on Social Media
What to do if someone else is using my business name on Facebook? How I can take it back rightfully? We have the answers below.
In adherence to our rigorous editorial policy, this article's content has undergone careful testing for accuracy and trustworthiness and hence, this content is marked source of information. View editorial history of this content.
Digital social media systems allow everyone to create pages and profiles and hence usernames of their choice. It is likely that someone creates their username or page identity identical to your business name or trading name.
To abide by digital laws, digital social media companies do provide a mechanism to file a trademark infringement report. This is only helpful if you have truly registered your business trademark with your government locally and internationally and have a true trademark certificate. If you are just using a business name even for years without registering a trademark, reporting trademark infringement doesn’t help you to take back your business name from someone.
This trademark infringement reporting guide is applicable for the following social media: –
- Meta, Facebook, Instagram, Boomerang
- Youtube, Google My Business
- Linkedin and other social networks online
Before filing trading name misuse report, know what is trademark infringement.
Steps to report business name or trademark infringement to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or other networks: –
- Publish your trademark on your online presence such as website or get a link to official trademark record from global trademark registry (for globally registered trademarks).
- Keep your trademark registration number from your trademark certificate.
- For Facebook, file this form for business name infringement.
- For Twitter, file this form to report account infringing your trademark.
- For Instagram, file this form to report business trademark infringement.
- For Linkedin, file their TM-NTMI form to report trademark infringement.
- For Youtube, fill this form to file a complaint against your trademark breach.
- For Reddit, fill this form to report trademark infringement.
Digital Setups has enforced a strict sourcing policy. Every content piece published on our website is passed through strict editorial review for contextual correctness, communication ethics, and programmatic tests wherever required. Our team research solutions from only credible, authentic, and trustworthy sources. Learn more about our editorial process.
This article may have additional citations but they are not yet reviewed for trustworthiness. We will add them here at our earliest.
Based on our editorial policy, we update our content time to time to ensure its usefulness, reliability, and validity.
Our standardized editorial process ensures right, timely, and usefulness updates to our content. Your honest opinion drives significant improvement to our content. We appreciate you are taking time to share that.
Readers who read this also found these helpful:
- SECP Pakistan
- Woo Express – How it works, Features, & Pricing
- WP: Get Custom Logo Image URL for Built-in or Custom Sizes
- eCommerce Business on Shopify vs. WordPress. Which is better?
- Authorship in SEO (2022)
- wp_list_users_args Hook – Explanation & Usage Example
- Block Editor: theme.json – Generate Code for Patterns
- What you need to know before starting any online business
- Create XML Sitemap in WordPress without Plugin
- Does Add Me Fast Traffic Damage Google AdSense Account?