Create XML Sitemap in WordPress without Plugin
Need a quick, simple, and ready to sitemap for Wordpress without plugin? Here you go.
In adherence to our rigorous editorial policy, this article's content has undergone careful testing for accuracy and trustworthiness and hence, this content is marked source of information. View editorial history of this content.
WordPress 5+ comes with built-in sitemap functionality. With this functionality, you can create a WordPress XML sitemap without plugin or custom coding.
It is important to know that the built-in sitemaps are rather simple and straightforward. If you want to create a comprehensive sitemap, try using a plugin which gives you options. Generally, if you have a website where you want Google to index all of your pages, WordPress sitemap works perfectly.
You can always
Disallow the pages to index from robots.txt.
To leverage WordPress built-in sitemap functionality, make sure that you’re on latest or at least 5+ version of WordPress. Then you just need to access the sitemap URL by
/wp-sitemap.xml in the browser. For example: yoursite.com/wp-sitemap.xml
Submit this URL as sitemap URL in Google, Bing, and other search consoles.
Note: If you have other active plugins that may be generating sitemaps, please disable them to let this functionality work. For example, Yoast & Rank Math disables this built-in functionality to let their sitemaps work. So, even if you’re testing, disable them or disable sitemap functionality from those plugins.
Digital Setups has enforced a strict sourcing policy. Every content piece published on our website is passed through strict editorial review for contextual correctness, communication ethics, and programmatic tests wherever required. Our team research solutions from only credible, authentic, and trustworthy sources. Learn more about our editorial process.
Based on our editorial policy, we update our content time to time to ensure its usefulness, reliability, and validity.
Our standardized editorial process ensures right, timely, and usefulness updates to our content. Your honest opinion drives significant improvement to our content. We appreciate you are taking time to share that.
Readers who read this also found these helpful:
- For Pakistanis: Still Effective Work from Home Ideas (No Tiktoking)
- wp_list_users_args Hook – Explanation & Usage Example
- Does Add Me Fast Traffic Damage Google AdSense Account?
- Stripe Alternatives in Pakistan – 2022 Update
- SafePay – Payment Gateway in Pakistan
- Search Console: Fix “Alternate page with proper canonical tag” Error in Page Indexing
- Verify Company Registration Status of Any Country
- How to Register Trademark in Pakistan: For SMCs, Entrepreneurs, & Freelancers
- Google Ads: Keyword Planner Tool – Easy & Powerful Guide
- OPTIONS / RTSP/1.0″ – Apache Access Log Entry